2/3 C butter
2/3 C flour
1 cup sour cream
3/4 tsp salt
7 c milk
1/2 tsp pepper
4 green onions, sliced
6-12 bacon sliced, cooked & crumbled
2 cups frozen corn (optional, but I like it)
1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar
4-5 large baked potatoes, cooled, peeled and cubed (I boil them instead, it's faster.)
In a large soup kettle, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Heat and stir constantly until thickened. Add potatoes, green onions, and bacon (and corn). Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve.
Serves 8 to 10.

7 comments:
oh! This one sounds good too! We may be having a creamy soup twice this week!
Hey, this recipe says serve immediately..Can it be reheated for left overs?
Yes, the leftovers are good. It will thicken up in the fridge, so you'll want to add a little milk to it. How did it turn out for you?
SO GOOD! We had enough left over that we took some of it to Joey's mom and I still have enough for us to eat for lunch tomorrow! Will make this again for sure!!
Michelle made this and it was so good!
I made this this weekend it was great. I left out the sour cream until right before serving it because I put it in the crockpot and I was worried about the sour cream going weird. Anyway it was delicious. Thanks!
Made it again today but cut the recipe in half. It was good!
Post a Comment