1 lb ground beef
1 small onion chopped
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 1/2 C salsa
1 bag of frozen corn
3 flour tortillas (ripped into strips)
3/4 C sour cream
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
Brown beef and onion, drain off fat. Add taco seasoning, salsa and corn. Mix and let simmer for a few minutes. Spread a little bit of meat mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7 baking dish then layer....tortilla strips, meat mixture, sour cream, cheese, tortilla strips, meat mixture, cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Uncover for the last 5 minutes to brown the cheese a little.
Serves 5-6 You could easily stretch this recipe to make a 13 x 9 if you need it to feed more.
I served this with shredded lettuce on top and tortilla chips on the side. You could serve with sour cream too, but it really doesn't need it.


2 comments:
Thanks for posting. I was getting tired of looking at that fruit salad. Did you make up this recipe? Where did it come from?
It was one I found in Kraft....kind of. Changed it a little cause I didn't have time to go to the store for some of the ingredients the original recipe had. It's so easy and the kids really liked it.
Post a Comment