Friday, October 2, 2009

Chocolate Peppermint Poke-Cake

1 Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix & ingredients to make it.
Filling:
1 3.9 oz box chocolate pudding mix (original Betty Crocker recipe called for white chocolate pudding)
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
Frosting:
1 can Milk Chocolate Frosting
4 small peppermint patty candies chopped
optional: add 1/4 tsp peppermint extract to frosting. (I didn't do this)

Make the cake as directed on the box in 9 x 13 pan. Cool 15 minutes and then poke holes in it 1/2 inch apart with a wooden spoon.

Mix up the pudding, milk and peppermint and pour immediately over warm cake. (don't mix up the pudding too far ahead.)

Cool in the fridge at least 2 hours. Frost. Sprinkle with chopped peppermint patties. Store in fridge.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

This was some pretty good crap!!

Jacque said...

That was seriously so good. I need to find an occasion to make this so I won't end up eating it all by myself.

Vennesa said...

LOL! I'm all about crap.

Chelle said...

In this case, crap is a compliment!