
I found this recipe on another recipe blog.
I was scared to try it but the reviews were good. It was easy, and actually really good. It makes a cake like brownie, the whole family liked them. It is a good alternative when you want something sweet, easy to make and low fat too.
1 can (15 oz.) black beans
1 box brownie mix (I used Western Family Fudge Brownie Mix)
Drain and rinse black beans. Put beans back in the can and fill can with water. Put beans and water in blender until smooth. Mix pureed beans with brownie package mix. Spread into greased pan and cook brownies according to package directions. Let cool and eat. (I sprinkled powdered sugar on top just for fun.) Cut into 20 squares.
Nutrition Info for one brownie:
Calories: 139 Fat: 2.5g Fiber 2.5g Sugar 16g Protein 2g

6 comments:
These were so good! Joey liked them too. He didn't believe me that they had beans in them!
Hey, I need a sample. They look tasty.
So you put everything in the blender then?
No you puree the beans in the blender. Then you mix that with the brownie mix in a bowl.
I made these tonight. I didn't tell anyone except Brett what was in them and they all loved them. Even had seconds. I actually like them better than regular brownies. This recipe is a keeper! Thanks Jac.
And I will be trying these ASAP!
Post a Comment