Sunday, November 23, 2008

ARTICHOKES

Remove any discolored leaves and the small leaves at the base of the artichoke; trim stem even with the base of the artichoke. Cutting straight across, slice 1 inch off top; discard top. Snip off points of remaining leaves with scissors. Rinse under cool water. Bring artichokes to a boil in water, a squirt of lemon juice and a dash of salt. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered, rotating occasionally for 30-40 minutes, or until leaves pull out easily and bottom is tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from water and place upside down to drain. Serve with Hollandaise Sauce (see recipe)

2 comments:

Vennesa said...

I didn't have the stuff for hollandaise last time, so I just dipped them in garlic butter. That's pretty good too.

Vennesa said...

I learned you can do these in the microwave and they're just as good. 7 minutes on high with some water. I used the Pampered Chef Large Micro-cooker.
And this time we dipped them in ranch.