Ingredients
1 C flour
2 T sugar
2 T sugar
2 T baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1 C milk
2 T vegetable oil
Directions
In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg and oil. Mix until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot. This is our favorite recipe for pancakes.
The syrup recipe below is our favorite too. I don't like maple flavoring so instead we use vanilla. This is runnier than store bought syrup but in my opinion it's so much better.
SYRUP:
1/2C sugar
1/2C brown sugar
3/4C water
2tsp vanilla
Combine sugars and water and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 3 minutes stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

1 comment:
I hate maple syrup too, so I'll have to try vanilla.
Post a Comment