Friday, January 21, 2011

Easy Alfredo Sauce

I have seen a couple versions of this recipe but I found this one on http://www.ourbestbites.com/ and I had all the ingredient so I tried it. It was so good.

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/08/guiltless-alfredo-sauce.html

2 C low-fat milk
1/3 C (3 oz) low fat cream cheese
2 T flour
1 t salt
1 T butter
3 garlic cloves
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
Put milk, cream cheese flour and salt in the blender. Blend until smooth. In a pan over medium-high heat melt the butter and saute the garlic. Then pour the blended milk mixture into the pan, stir until it comes to a simmer and is thickened. Remove from heat add the Parmesan cheese, stir again and then cover. Let sit for 10 minutes to thicken some more then serve.  Makes 8 Servings


pardon my camera phone picture:
   
We had it with penne pasta (multi grain, I might add) and broccoli. and it took about 15 minutes total to make dinner.















Nutrition Info:
Serving Size 59 g


Calories 128

Calories from Fat 84

Total Fat 9.4g

Saturated Fat 5.8g

Cholesterol 29mg

Sodium 536mg

Total Carbs 4.1g

Sugars 1.7g

Protein 6.9g

3 comments:

Chelle said...

One of my new favorite recipes for sure!! Can't wait to make it again. It's going in our weekly meal rotation!

Erin said...

Mmm..
Mmmmm...
Mmmmmmm!
It was dso good! I cooked up some chicken on the good ol' George Forman and it was delish!

Thanks for sharing!

Vennesa said...

This makes enough sauce to do a 16 oz bag of penne.