Friday, December 31, 2010

Apple Cranberry Slaw

Ingredients:
One 12-oz. bag (4 cups) dry broccoli cole slaw
1 large Fuji apple, cored and chopped
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
1/4 cup All Natural Almond Accents Honey Roasted Flavored Sliced Almonds
1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
2 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
2 tsp. honey mustard
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Dash salt, or more to taste
Dash black pepper, or more to taste

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine slaw, apple, dried cranberries, and almonds. Toss to mix and set aside.

To make the dressing, combine cranberry sauce, mayo, and honey mustard in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Add vinegar, salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp. water. Mix well.

Add dressing to the large bowl and mix thoroughly. Chill or serve immediately. If you like, season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Enjoy!

MAKES 5 SERVINGS
PER SERVING (1/5th of recipe, about 1 cup): 151 calories, 3g fat, 118mg sodium, 30.5g carbs, 5.25g fiber, 21g sugars, 2.5g protein

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Next time someone makes this, take a picture and I'll add it.

Vennesa said...

Woo hoo! I've been waiting for this post.

Chelle said...

Welcome to the blog jaime! So glad you've decided to grace us with your presence!

Jaime said...

I was pushed into it. I'm a fake- this is Kaley's recipe. But thanks for the warm welcome!