This recipe is pretty tasty. The texture is different from regular oatmeal, which is why I like it.
2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup raisins
2 T dried cranberries
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup applesauce
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the milk, applesauce, butter, egg, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add milk mixture to oat mixture; stir well.
3. Pour oat mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
This keeps in the fridge for few days. I always chop up an apple, scoop the oatmeal on top and microwave to reheat it.
This recipe came from www.twopeasandtheirpod.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
This sounds really good.
It is good! I haven't made it myself yet but I tried it at Vennesa's. Hopefully soon.
Vennnesa,
Dose this have the consistency to be able to be cut into bars? Or is it too mushy? I need something to grab and go in the mornings!
No, it's definitely something you need to eat with a spoon. Not crunchy and it doesn't hold together like a granola bar.
Mmm...this looks delish!
I will be making it this week!!
Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment