Monday, January 4, 2010

Terriyaki Sauce

1/4 C Soy sauce
1 C water
1/4 tsp garlic salt
5 T brown sugar
2 T honey
2 T cornstarch
1/4 C cold water

In a sauce pan combine all but cornstarch and 1/4 c water. Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and disolve. Add to sauce in pan. Heat over medium heat stirring often until thickened.

I serve this with stir fry veggies and spaghetti noodles. YUMMY! It's a good dipping sauce too!
Makes about 1 1/2 C.

2 comments:

Vennesa said...

Thanks for posting this. I don't use teriyaki much so when I buy a whole bottle it gets old in the fridge. This will save me money (and a run to the store).

Chelle said...

Making this again tonight and baking chicken strips in it. I watered it down a little cause the longer it heats the thicker it gets and the chicken takes 40 mins in the oven. Wish I was staying home to eat it. I have to go get a pedicure and sushi tonight, dang! :) lol.