Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fruit and Veggie Kabobs



Since I have all of these fruits and vegetables from the food co-op:

I have been trying to plan my dinners around what I have.

I saw this recipe and got the idea to do some kabobs.


I used these veggies and fruits:



Green pepper, mushrooms, orange pepper, mango, purple onion and pineapple.


Marinade:
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. pineapple juice
2 Tbl. Brown Sugar (a little more if you want it sweeter)
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper

If you have wood skewers soak them in water first.

Mix this all together and pour over vegetables. Let them marinate for a couple hours.
Put them on skewers and then you can grill them or I broiled them.
I put some foil over a cookie sheet and broiled them for about 10 minutes, turning them every couple minutes.

Serve with rice.

2 comments:

Vennesa said...

Your kabobs look better than the one on favorite family recipes! Thanks for posting the idea. I don't think about doing kabobs except on the grill.

Chelle said...

they look so good!!