This picture is before baking. They rise in the oven like sweet rolls. (My camera ate my "after" picture.)
Pizza dough
spaghetti sauce
grated cheese
toppings of your choice: I did pepperoni's and fresh mushrooms. I've also had BBQ sauce and chicken.
Use your favorite pizza crust recipe or use this recipe.
These are made like sweet rolls, except with Pizza toppings.
Preheat to 350 degrees.
After first rise take half the dough and roll out to 1/4 inch. Mine was about 28 inches long, maybe 14 wide. Spread with spaghetti sauce. Chop up your toppings and sprinkle over the sauce. Sprinkle on the cheese and roll up starting on the long end. Pinch closed, then use floss to cut into 2 inch sections and place on greased baking sheet. You can let them rise a little or just bake them immediately for 25 minutes. I ended up with 14 pizza rolls. They're big, so one was plenty for me.
I used the other half of the dough to make breadsticks.
Roll out another rectangle a foot long and 1/4 inch thick. Brush with butter, sprinkle with parmesan. Use pizza cutter to slice in one inch slices. Twist and place on greased baking sheet. Let rise or bake immediately 16 minutes at 350.
Serve with ranch and/or pizza sauce.

4 comments:
I love this idea, I will try it.
I am not sure about the floss though, mine is mint flavored. You do mean dental floss right?
yes, dental floss. I've used mint before because it was all I had.
I'm getting hungry reading the recipe. I think I will make these tomorrow night if I can make it to the store before then to get mushrooms. Or maybe I'll do BBQ chicken. Dad would love me!
Post a Comment