Thursday, October 16, 2008

EASY BREAD STICKS

2 1/4 cups flour, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
Garlic salt
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a medium mixing bowl sift together 2 cups of flour, the sugar, baking powder; and salt; add milk and, using a wooden spoon, mix to form dough.
Using 2 Tbsp of the remaining flour, lightly flour work surface; turn dough out onto floured surface and knead, adding remaining 2 Tbsp flour as needed, until dough becomes
smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
Using rolling pin, roll dough into 12x8" rectangle, about 1/2 " thick.
Cut dough in half lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into 18 equal slices.
Dip dough slices into butter- be sure to use all of the butter.
Place on a baking sheet, leaving a space of about 1 inch between each. Sprinkle with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Chelle I made these breadsticks for lunch today. Rach even helped roll them out. They were so good.

Kami said...

Tried these and loved them! I just love them because I always have all of the ingredients at home. Oh, and they don't require yeast, so then I don't have to ruin at least one batch!