Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baked Bean Burritos

(The only thing worse than a crappy picture is a blog post without pictures. This one will have to do)



1 can pork and beans (throw away the pork chunks)
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can green chilies
1/4 C onion chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
2 T oil
1 C frozen corn
1 1/2C rice (minute rice 1 C water 1 cup rice)
shredded cheddar cheese
12 flour tortillas (8")
Butter

Heat oil in pan and saute onion, chilies, garlic and cumin for about 2 minutes until onion is tender. add can of pork and beans. Cook for 2 minutes. Add black beans and frozen corn, cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in prepared rice. Remove from heat.
Butter one side of each tortilla, fill the un-buttered side with bean mixture, add a little cheese. Roll up and place seem side down on cookie sheet (butter side should be on the outside. Bake at 475 for 12 minutes. till light brown and crispy. 

2 comments:

Jacque said...

It took me a long time to like beans (about 28 years) and now I like beans in everything. I'll try it,it looks good.

Vennesa said...

Same here! I hated beans for 39 years. Now I like them a lot. Lentils too. This looks tasty. I think I'll like it better than the other bean burrito recipe because of the rice and corn.