I have heard recipes for these before whenever people talk about what to do with the wheat in your food storage. Today I figured I would try them. (I wanted to use a recipe from a neighborhood cookbook I had but the recipe was missing ingredients so I combined a couple different recipe and came up with this one.)
I didn’t expect the kids to like whole wheat pancakes because they look browner than regular pancakes, but they did. The kids all had at least two (even the picky ones). Try them, they are good and fast to make.
2 ½ Cups Water
2 Cups wheat (the whole kernels)
2 Tbl. Oil
2 Tbl. Honey
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp salt
Put wheat and water in blender*. Blend for 3-5 minutes until smooth. Add oil, honey, eggs, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blend until combined. (If batter seems thick, add a little more water.)Pour batter onto hot greased griddle. They cook quickly.
Makes approx. 20 4-inch pancakes.
*I used my Blendtec for this, if I was using a smaller blender I would definitely cut this recipe in half and also I would blend the wheat a little longer.

1 comment:
Gonna have to try this! I've got a ton of wheat AND a Blendtec!
Post a Comment