Friday, November 6, 2009

Kettle Korn

1/2 cup (unpopped) popcorn
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt

Pop 1/2 cup popcorn in air popper. Set aside in large bowl.
Heat next 3 ingredients in small sauce pan, stirring constantly until boiling.
Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn. Stir and sprinkle on the salt.

This recipe tastes like kettle corn, but has the consistency of caramel popcorn (just a little gooey). It's the perfect balance of sweet and salty, which is bad, because I can eat the whole bowl.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

This sounds so good, but I don't have an air popper.

Vennesa said...

You can do regular popcorn in the microwave if you have a microwave safe bowl with a lid.
I do 1/3 cup in a large bowl on high for about 2 1/2 minutes.

Vennesa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.