Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Black Bean Mexican Casserole

This is a recipe from Fly Lady that I got from Vennesa. I added the green chilies cause my family loves them.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp cumin
2 T taco seasoning
1 tsp chili powder
1 can diced green chilies
2 c. water
2 C crushed tortilla chips
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Brown beef and onion, drain fat. Add beans, tomato sauce, cumin, taco seasoning, chili powder, green chilies and water. Let simmer for ten minutes. (It will be runny)Remove from heat. Fold in chips and 1 cup of cheese. Pour into 13x9 pan and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hey! Did the kids like this?

Erin said...

Me again! I am making this tonight!! Sounds so yummy :)

Chelle said...

The kids LOVE this. They like to scoop it up on chips and eat it like a dip.

Vennesa said...

I serve it with sour cream, more chips and shredded lettuce.