I got this recipe from "The Essential Mormon Cookbook" I just added a couple things. It is so good!
1 bag baby leaf spinach
1 bag lettuce
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
1/2 cup chow mein noodles
2 cups fresh mushrooms
2 small cans mandarin oranges (drain and rinse)
Dressing: (I can't say it is healthy but it is tasty!)
2/3 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups oil
Mix all ingredients, except oil, in blender. Add oil slowly while still blending. Once it is mixed you can keep it for 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Add dressing to salad right before serving, top with the chow mein noodles and almonds.
I use about 1/3 of the dressing for this salad.

3 comments:
Looks very tasty!
This was so good! Thanks for posting it.
Mmmm...I made this tonight and I think it is more like a treat then a salad! This will be going in my favorites file. Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment