This spaghetti sauce was so much better than Ragu or Hunts brand. I threw it together last night and it turned out so good I thought I'd better write it down so I can make it this way from now on.
Ingredients:
1/3 onion, chopped
4 oz (half a package) fresh mushrooms, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, pressed
olive oil
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
3 oz tomato paste (1/2 of a 6 oz can)
1 tsp basil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
pinch of baking soda
Fry the onion, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until onion is soft. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer while your pasta is cooking. Top with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: Freeze the remaining tomato paste for next time so you don't waste the rest of the can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment